I have had far too many reports that people have (understandably) left this forum because of the toxicity going on in some of the threads. So, in an effort to make pcmusic dot boards dot net a more inclusive environment, Dvnots & I have brainstormed some basic rules. These apply to the other boards too, I'm just posting these in this main one for visibility.
1. No racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, or other bigotry in the threads. If you slip up, be open-minded when other users point it out to you; however, repeated and intentional incidents are not tolerated.
2. Please try to avoid slurs. If you are trying to reclaim a slur used against you, that's your prerogative, but always be conscientious of how they are perceived, and certainly don't apply them to other users.
3. No personal attacks on other users. Including name-calling, and especially taking into account the above.
4. No pornographic images or gifs.
5. Please don't post publicly download links to content that has been made available to purchase. The major labels have been pretty nice on us, but still, this is an unspoken rule everywhere else. Reuploads of content made available for download on Soundcloud, for example, are fine. 6. No spam. Self-promotions can be posted in the Community+ board, and have been a good way for some artists to gain minor attention, but generally try to keep it relevant and constructive in other threads.
Failure to observe these might result in a temporary ban, but not without warning going forward.
Feedback is encouraged, and naturally we aren't exempt from these, so feel free to @ us.